Motoring News
How Pirelli’s 25-lap F1 tyre limit will work at the Qatar GP
Formula 1 tyre supplier Pirelli has further explained how the lap limit imposed at this weekend’s Qatar Grand Prix will work and addressed concerns over it restricting strategy options.
The Italian manufacturer has mandated a 25-lap limit per stint at the Losail International Circuit after concerns prompted from analysis of last year’s event.
Pirelli noticed that “several tyres ...Keep reading
The Italian manufacturer has mandated a 25-lap limit per stint at the Losail International Circuit after concerns prompted from analysis of last year’s event.
Pirelli noticed that “several tyres ...Keep reading
F1 fans torn after Aston Martin confirms Adrian Newey as team principal
Formula 1 fans seem torn after Aston Martin announced that Adrian Newey will become the team principal from 2026, alongside his other duties as managing technical partner.
Newey will replace Andy Cowell in the role, with Cowell becoming the chief strategy officer.
“Over the last nine months, I have seen great individual talent within our team,” Newey said. “I’m looking forward to ...Keep reading
Newey will replace Andy Cowell in the role, with Cowell becoming the chief strategy officer.
“Over the last nine months, I have seen great individual talent within our team,” Newey said. “I’m looking forward to ...Keep reading
McLaren to keep equal treatment of drivers despite Max Verstappen threat
McLaren boss Andrea Stella says the team will not change its approach of supporting both drivers equally in the title fight. The stance comes after a major setback in the championship, with both McLaren cars excluded from the Las Vegas Grand Prix results – a penalty that allowed Verstappen to close up again.
Ahead of the Qatar Grand Prix, the Dutchman is now just 24 points behind Lando Norris ...Keep reading
Ahead of the Qatar Grand Prix, the Dutchman is now just 24 points behind Lando Norris ...Keep reading
FIA responds to complaints after Max Verstappen says "My back is falling apart"
With new regulations on the way, drivers only have two more race weekends in the current generation of F1 cars. Max Verstappen – along with Fernando Alonso and George Russell – said in Las Vegas that they won't miss the current machines.
This is partly because the ground-effect cars are heavy, large, cumbersome, and unwilling to hustle through slow corners. But mainly it's a factor of ...Keep reading
This is partly because the ground-effect cars are heavy, large, cumbersome, and unwilling to hustle through slow corners. But mainly it's a factor of ...Keep reading
WRC Saudi Arabia: Why there’s “absolutely no chance” for title rivals to keep pace
It’s not often Elfyn Evans, Sébastien Ogier and Kalle Rovanperä are reduced to fighting over the fringes of the top 10, but that’s exactly what unfolded on Thursday in a tense World Rally Championship showdown in Saudi Arabia.
The three drivers in title contention were ranked in seventh through to ninth positions after eight stages. Why? It’s largely down to a road cleaning effect more ...Keep reading
The three drivers in title contention were ranked in seventh through to ninth positions after eight stages. Why? It’s largely down to a road cleaning effect more ...Keep reading
Leclerc 'motivated to do something special' for Ferrari in Qatar
Charles Leclerc admits he is "really motivated to do something special" with Ferrari at the final two race weekends of the season, beginning with the Qatar Grand Prix.
FIA Thursday press conference – Qatar
The drivers face the press ahead of the 2025 Qatar Grand Prix weekend.
Verstappen vows to go 'all in' for title ahead of Qatar GP
With two Grands Prix and one Sprint remaining in 2025, Max Verstappen has his eyes firmly fixed on another title.
No ‘excessive risks’ were taken in Las Vegas – Stella
McLaren's double disqualification in Las Vegas cut Lando Norris' championship lead to 24 points, while Oscar Piastri is level on points with Red Bull's Max Verstappen.
OFFICIAL RACE PROGRAMME - 2025 Qatar Grand Prix
Check out the digital race programme for this weekend's Formula 1 Qatar Airways Qatar Grand Prix 2025.
Alonso hails Newey's appointment as Aston Martin Team Principal
Aston Martin confirmed ahead of the Qatar Grand Prix that Adrian Newey would take on the role of Team Principal in 2026.
'I don't regret decision' to join Ferrari – Hamilton
Lewis Hamilton admits ahead of the Qatar Grand Prix that "I don't regret the decision I've made joining" Ferrari despite a difficult maiden campaign with the team.
Win Exclusive VCARB Prizes with F1® Unlocked
F1 VCARB Unlocked Competition
WRC Saudi Arabia: Adrien Fourmaux leads, Elfyn Evans loses ground in title fight to Sebastien Ogier
Adrien Fourmaux survived a puncture to top the Rally Saudi Arabia standings, after tyre damage took Sami Pajari and Martins Sesks out of the lead, while the World Rally Championship title fight took a twist.
Fourmaux emerged from a brutal day on top with a 6.0s lead from Toyota’s Pajari, with M-Sport’s Martins Sesks in third 6.9s adrift after tyre problems prompted a shake-up of the ...Keep reading
Fourmaux emerged from a brutal day on top with a 6.0s lead from Toyota’s Pajari, with M-Sport’s Martins Sesks in third 6.9s adrift after tyre problems prompted a shake-up of the ...Keep reading
F1 Qatar GP: Weather forecast, schedule and how to watch
Formula 1 hosts its penultimate round of the 2025 season this weekend with the Qatar Grand Prix, where Lando Norris could clinch a maiden world title.
The McLaren driver simply needs to outscore team-mate Oscar Piastri and Red Bull world champion Max Verstappen by at least two points to do so - but it may not be as easy as it sounds.
That’s because last weekend the McLaren pair was ...Keep reading
The McLaren driver simply needs to outscore team-mate Oscar Piastri and Red Bull world champion Max Verstappen by at least two points to do so - but it may not be as easy as it sounds.
That’s because last weekend the McLaren pair was ...Keep reading
Lewis Hamilton has "no regrets" about joining Ferrari, retracts 2026 comments
Seven-time Formula 1 world champion Lewis Hamilton says he has "no regrets" over joining Ferrari, despite his season hitting a new low in Las Vegas, and has walked back comments that he is "not looking forward" to 2026.
Hamilton qualified last in a wet Q1 session in Las Vegas, a first for him, and after climbing to a lowly 10th in the race he said he felt "terrible", adding that it's been "the ...Keep reading
Hamilton qualified last in a wet Q1 session in Las Vegas, a first for him, and after climbing to a lowly 10th in the race he said he felt "terrible", adding that it's been "the ...Keep reading
Yuki Tsunoda reveals only regret since joining Red Bull as future remains uncertain
Yuki Tsunoda has revealed that his only regret since joining Red Bull was his crash during the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix due to its long-term impact on his 2025 season.
The Japanese driver joined the Milton Keynes outfit ahead of the third round of the 2025 season. Since replacing rookie Liam Lawson alongside Max Verstappen, Tsunoda has scored 25 points while struggling to extract the same ...Keep reading
The Japanese driver joined the Milton Keynes outfit ahead of the third round of the 2025 season. Since replacing rookie Liam Lawson alongside Max Verstappen, Tsunoda has scored 25 points while struggling to extract the same ...Keep reading
Why Max Verstappen thinks Oscar Piastri should say “F off” if McLaren backs Lando Norris
Max Verstappen reckons Oscar Piastri should have told McLaren to “F off” had he been asked to support team-mate Lando Norris in his bid to become Formula 1 world champion.
The 2025 season has featured a year-long title battle between the McLaren pair, in which for most of it Piastri held the upper hand, until a late-season collapse has made Norris the favourite.
Norris leads the ...Keep reading
The 2025 season has featured a year-long title battle between the McLaren pair, in which for most of it Piastri held the upper hand, until a late-season collapse has made Norris the favourite.
Norris leads the ...Keep reading
George Russell reveals Mercedes blocked engineer from "dangerous" porpoising test
George Russell has said he's glad to see the back of Formula 1's current generation of ground-effect cars, describing them as "brutal" to drive and revealing that even Mercedes' own health and safety didn't allow a designer to experience how extreme the porpoising really was in a simulator.
Asked whether he was happy to say goodbye to this rules cycle ahead of the 2025 Qatar Grand Prix ...Keep reading
Asked whether he was happy to say goodbye to this rules cycle ahead of the 2025 Qatar Grand Prix ...Keep reading