Motoring News
F1 reveals which track will replace Zandvoort on 2027 F1 calendar
Algarve International Circuit will return to the Formula 1 calendar for the 2027 and 2028 seasons.
Located near Portimao in southern Portugal, the track will take Zandvoort’s spot as the Dutch circuit exits after just a six-year stint.
Algarve previously hosted F1 on two occasions, in the COVID-affected 2020 and 2021 campaigns. Both races were won by Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton – with ...Keep reading
Located near Portimao in southern Portugal, the track will take Zandvoort’s spot as the Dutch circuit exits after just a six-year stint.
Algarve previously hosted F1 on two occasions, in the COVID-affected 2020 and 2021 campaigns. Both races were won by Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton – with ...Keep reading
Simpson hoping Sunoco partnership grows into long-standing relationship
Kyffin Simpson is thinking long-term with the addition of Sunoco coming onboard as his full-time sponsor in 2026.
How long-term? To the point of being synonymous in the archives of motorsports such as Rick Mears and Pennzoil, Al Unser Jr and Valvoline, Jeff Gordon and Dupont, or even Jimmie Johnson and Lowe’s.
Even Chip Ganassi Racing (CGR), the organization Simpson drives for in the No. 8 ...Keep reading
How long-term? To the point of being synonymous in the archives of motorsports such as Rick Mears and Pennzoil, Al Unser Jr and Valvoline, Jeff Gordon and Dupont, or even Jimmie Johnson and Lowe’s.
Even Chip Ganassi Racing (CGR), the organization Simpson drives for in the No. 8 ...Keep reading
Fernando Alonso denies claim about Adrian Newey becoming Aston Martin F1 team boss
On 26 November, Aston Martin announced that Adrian Newey would be its Formula 1 team principal for the 2026 season.
Legendary Formula 1 engineer Newey joined Aston on 1 March as managing technical director and will take over from current team boss Andy Cowell, who is stepping aside to become chief strategy officer.
Read Also:
Formula 1Fernando Alonso: Aston Martin naming Adrian ...Keep reading
Legendary Formula 1 engineer Newey joined Aston on 1 March as managing technical director and will take over from current team boss Andy Cowell, who is stepping aside to become chief strategy officer.
Read Also:
Formula 1Fernando Alonso: Aston Martin naming Adrian ...Keep reading
3 inspiring individuals share their paths to working in F1
Formula 1 operates at the top level in every area – from engineering and design to logistics and marketing, each part of a team has to be at its best at all times, and that's only made possible due to the inspiring employees and their wide range of backgrounds.
Honda to debut 2027 MotoGP bike in Sepang this week
Honda will test its 2027 MotoGP prototype for the first time at the Sepang International Circuit this week, as it bids to become a dominant force in the championship once again.
After KTM became the first manufacturer to debut its new 850cc engine at Jerez this month, Honda will become just the second manufacturer to premiere its 2027 bike with Pirelli tyres on Wednesday.
The Japanese ...Keep reading
After KTM became the first manufacturer to debut its new 850cc engine at Jerez this month, Honda will become just the second manufacturer to premiere its 2027 bike with Pirelli tyres on Wednesday.
The Japanese ...Keep reading
Less politics and focus on “pure racing”: Laurent Mekies’ targets for Red Bull
Although the 2025 Formula 1 title fight went down to the final race in Abu Dhabi, the tension in the paddock was completely different than in 2021. Four years ago, the atmosphere between Red Bull and Mercedes was hostile at times, even though Max Verstappen laughed it off at the 2025 finale.
“Well, hostile, hostile… Nobody punched each other, right? I didn’t find it hostile,” said the ...Keep reading
“Well, hostile, hostile… Nobody punched each other, right? I didn’t find it hostile,” said the ...Keep reading
Williams F1 chief James Vowles celebrates victory in racing return
Williams team principal James Vowles made his competitive racing return at the 2025 Gulf 12 Hours with Garage 59.
Vowles's appearance came three years after his previous stint in the driver's seat in 2022, when the Briton competed in the Asian Le Mans Series in a McLaren 720S GT3 with Garage 59.
After taking part in a two-day test in the same car at the Circuito de Navarra in Spain between ...Keep reading
Vowles's appearance came three years after his previous stint in the driver's seat in 2022, when the Briton competed in the Asian Le Mans Series in a McLaren 720S GT3 with Garage 59.
After taking part in a two-day test in the same car at the Circuito de Navarra in Spain between ...Keep reading
Sebastien Loeb admits you “need some luck to win” Dakar ahead of 10th start
Three weeks before the start of the Dakar, Sebastien Loeb stopped to take stock of his preparation with Dacia, the progress made since last year and the mindset with which he approaches his 10th start.
In an interview with Motorsport.com, he opens up about reliability, team orders and the uncertainty that comes with the iconic rally-raid.
Motorsport.com: Sebastien, how is this Dakar 2026 ...Keep reading
In an interview with Motorsport.com, he opens up about reliability, team orders and the uncertainty that comes with the iconic rally-raid.
Motorsport.com: Sebastien, how is this Dakar 2026 ...Keep reading
MotoGP shelves ‘leg wing’ ban but will revisit issue ahead of 2027
Plans to ban the so-called ‘leg wings’ in MotoGP next year have been put on hold, with no objective safety risks identified from their use by Aprilia and Honda.
The aerodynamic appendages, positioned immediately behind riders’ legs on the side of the seat, were introduced by Aprilia on the RS-GP and later adopted by Honda for its RC213V.
The issue of rider safety arose immediately ...Keep reading
The aerodynamic appendages, positioned immediately behind riders’ legs on the side of the seat, were introduced by Aprilia on the RS-GP and later adopted by Honda for its RC213V.
The issue of rider safety arose immediately ...Keep reading
Luke Browning rules out F2 as possible Super Formula switch looms for 2026
Williams Formula 1 junior Luke Browning says he “proved” himself enough to not need a second season in F2, as he prepares to switch to Super Formula next year.
The 23-year-old contested the Japanese championship’s post-season Suzuka test last week with the Toyota-powered Kondo Racing team, immediately after concluding his rookie F2 campaign where he finished fourth.
Racing for Hitech ...Keep reading
The 23-year-old contested the Japanese championship’s post-season Suzuka test last week with the Toyota-powered Kondo Racing team, immediately after concluding his rookie F2 campaign where he finished fourth.
Racing for Hitech ...Keep reading
Lando Norris offered MotoGP ride after 2025 F1 victory
2025 Formula 1 champion Lando Norris has been offered a test on a MotoGP bike next year by former Haas F1 chief Guenther Steiner.
Steiner led a consortium in September 2025 which acquired full ownership of the Red Bull KTM Tech3 MotoGP team. With the new structure taking effect from 2026, Steiner will assume the role of CEO and his project partner, Richard Coleman, will take the role of team ...Keep reading
Steiner led a consortium in September 2025 which acquired full ownership of the Red Bull KTM Tech3 MotoGP team. With the new structure taking effect from 2026, Steiner will assume the role of CEO and his project partner, Richard Coleman, will take the role of team ...Keep reading
An exclusive look into Pierre Gasly's off-track life
Lawrence Barretto’s new F1 TV series Off The Grid sees him spending time with the great and the good of the F1 paddock away from the racetrack. In the second episode, he heads to Milan to meet Alpine's Pierre Gasly.
Audi announce team name and global launch date for 2026 challenger
Audi have revealed their official team name, logo and date for a spectacular immersive launch intended to show the world their 2026 livery as they prepare to take over Kick Sauber's spot on the grid.
Audi reveals F1 team name and 2026 season launch date
Audi has revealed key details ahead of its maiden Formula 1 season in 2026.
The German brand is taking over the Sauber team which it acquired in 2024 after buying a minority stake the previous year and, in 2022, announcing its involvement as a power unit supplier from 2026 onwards. This coincides with F1’s new technical regulations, where Audi hopes to capitalise on its experience with hybrid ...Keep reading
The German brand is taking over the Sauber team which it acquired in 2024 after buying a minority stake the previous year and, in 2022, announcing its involvement as a power unit supplier from 2026 onwards. This coincides with F1’s new technical regulations, where Audi hopes to capitalise on its experience with hybrid ...Keep reading
Ex-F1 race director Michael Masi lands new role in Kiwi championship
Former Formula 1 race director Michael Masi has joined the Repco NextGen NZ Championship ahead of the start of the 2026 season, MotorSport New Zealand has announced.
Masi will oversee a range of national series in New Zealand as the event director, with a focus on “ensuring the safe, fair, and professional delivery of each round”.
In addition to his primary responsibilities in the NZ ...Keep reading
Masi will oversee a range of national series in New Zealand as the event director, with a focus on “ensuring the safe, fair, and professional delivery of each round”.
In addition to his primary responsibilities in the NZ ...Keep reading
Charles Leclerc details "very special" Antarctica trip ahead of 2026 F1 prep
Charles Leclerc has detailed his upcoming trip to Antarctica with his fiancée, Alexandra Saint Mleux.
The Ferrari Formula 1 driver is looking to recharge his batteries after a difficult 2025 season. As the Maranello outfit finished the season fourth in the constructors' standings with 398 points, Leclerc and his team-mate Lewis Hamilton finished fifth and sixth in the drivers' ...Keep reading
The Ferrari Formula 1 driver is looking to recharge his batteries after a difficult 2025 season. As the Maranello outfit finished the season fourth in the constructors' standings with 398 points, Leclerc and his team-mate Lewis Hamilton finished fifth and sixth in the drivers' ...Keep reading
Ferrari insists relationship with Lewis Hamilton isn't as bad as it seems
Lewis Hamilton's relationship with Ferrari is much less strained than it appears, according to the team's head of track engineering Matteo Togninalli, although the Formula 1 squad nonetheless feels it "under evaluated" the adaptation period needed for both sides.
In the early part of 2025, Hamilton had to clear up the perception of the occasionally terse radio messages between himself and new ...Keep reading
In the early part of 2025, Hamilton had to clear up the perception of the occasionally terse radio messages between himself and new ...Keep reading
Max Verstappen gives glimpse into fatherhood in rare interview
Four-time Formula 1 champion Max Verstappen has given a glimpse into his life as a father in a newly released interview with stuntman Riley Harper for Red Bull and TAG Heuer.
Filmed during the United States Grand Prix weekend, the pair drove around the streets of Austin and talked about all things racing and becoming fathers.
"Today's a bit longer then, but I prefer that now. Also with the ...Keep reading
Filmed during the United States Grand Prix weekend, the pair drove around the streets of Austin and talked about all things racing and becoming fathers.
"Today's a bit longer then, but I prefer that now. Also with the ...Keep reading
Dale Jr. says settlement turns NASCAR charters into franchises
Dale Earnhardt Jr. hypothesized on Tuesday what would happen to the NASCAR Cup Series if the lawsuit brought by 23XI Racing and Front Row Motorsports reached a settlement and by Thursday the frameworks of the ‘what if’ were made a reality.
Speaking with his sister and business partner Kelley Earnhardt-Miller on their podcast, Earnhardt said permanent charters would effectively make the Cup ...Keep reading
Speaking with his sister and business partner Kelley Earnhardt-Miller on their podcast, Earnhardt said permanent charters would effectively make the Cup ...Keep reading
Helmut Marko: ‘Max Verstappen would have been F1 champion if Christian Horner had been dismissed earlier’
Despite an impressive late resurgence, Max Verstappen missed out on his fifth consecutive Formula 1 world title in 2025. Helmut Marko, however, believes the Red Bull driver would have become champion had Christian Horner left the team at an earlier stage.
Shortly after the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, it was announced that Red Bull and Marko would immediately end their longstanding collaboration ...Keep reading
Shortly after the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, it was announced that Red Bull and Marko would immediately end their longstanding collaboration ...Keep reading